My Page About Who Knows What

So I'm just starting out at this whole blogging thing. My favorite teacher recommended it. I mainly need a journal, somewhere to put my thought, ideas, poems, and to vent. So here I am.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Families Can Be Difficult

So I have this cousin... well, I'll call him Matt.  Well, his name is Matt, but he can't really read so I know he will probably never really read this.  I honestly want to help him, and I have tried and tried to spend time with him, and keep him away from bad people but I'm on my last breath with trying to help.  I just don't know what else to do.  He has done over 15 drugs in the last month.  He is an adrenaline drunkie and he steals and drives recklessly on purpose to actually roll his car.  I can't keep having him at my house around my kids because he is just such a bad example.
The last time we invited him over for a bonfire, just a small pit fire in our driveway, and we were actually having a pretty good time.  We like to help him out, but he decided to wander around our yard finding random stuff to throw into the fire.  Well he walked over and had something behind his back and the next thing I knew he was throwing a half-full container of lighter fluid into my fire. The same fire that was right next to my trailer... the same trailer that my kids were sleeping in.  Thankfully Chris was actually thinking and had Matt run and grab the water hose before my kids went up in flames along with everything I've ever owned.
Matt just isn't a thinker.  He thinks everything illegal is fun and cool.  He is 21 years old and has the mentality of a 12 year old. I'm not just saying this to be cruel. I'm serious. I just don't know what to do anymore.  He is a lost cause. You can't help someone who just doesn't want help. It's depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment