My Page About Who Knows What

So I'm just starting out at this whole blogging thing. My favorite teacher recommended it. I mainly need a journal, somewhere to put my thought, ideas, poems, and to vent. So here I am.

Friday, November 18, 2011

I remember a time

How cliched but this is how I feel when memories are brought up. This is officially dedicated to: Baby Daddy # 2


I remember a time when I was vulnerable and weak
You swelled my lips so badly I could barely speak
Tasting the blood building up inside my cheek
The tears falling down my face like a faucet with a fast leak

I remember a time when I was so fragile and scared
It was me, with your friends, in which you always shared
Making me do those degrading things while you sat there and stared
You had a real pathetic way of showing you cared

I remember a time when I was sadly profound
I thought because of our kids that we were forever bound
Even after all the bruises you left pushing me around
How many times did you throw me into walls and push me to the ground?

I remember a time when I was susceptible and disband
I guess no is a word that was just too hard to understand
After all of this I still felt like you had the upper hand
Thankfully you aren’t what the future had planned

I remember a time when I was delicate and afraid
You’re gone, but I hope you know all these scars have stayed
My heart still has the marks you left with your blade
My mind will always be in ruins from all the memories you portrayed

I remember a time when I was in pain and agony
You can’t hurt me anymore, I feel so relieved and free
Now I can finally rebuild myself and feel what it’s like to really be me
Now when you put the blame all on me, I can finally knowingly disagee

Now I can say I feel accepted and respected
My life is much easier when I can, once again with someone, be connected
I can now know when I need someone there I won’t be redirected
Now I have someone who makes me feel loved and protected

Now I can say I feel cherished and desired
He makes me feel worthy and actually admired
Instead of putting me down, he makes me so inspired
It’s such a nice change to feel this way, no vulnerability required

No comments:

Post a Comment